Isaac Sacca

Isaac Sacca

Monday, June 30, 2008

A Little Bit About What I'm Doing

Last year my cousin Katie went on the World Camp college program in Malawi. For the first time this year World Camp started a high school program. Katie, who is now one of the coordinators for the Malawi high school program, asked me if I would be interested in participating in it. I thought about it for a while then talked with my parents and finally decided that I would go.

I thought it would be a good experience for me, but more importantly I would be helping people who need it. Also, it is an opportunity to get out and be in a different culture for a little while.

I’ve been getting a whole bunch of shots… also getting everything that I’ll need to take, such as gifts for my homestay family and kids in the camps as well as doing a little reading about Malawi.

I want to thank all my friends and family who have helped make this idea a reality. It is an opportunity of a lifetime that I plan to take full advantage of it. I will be updating this site from time to time so check back!
thanks,
Isaac